Friday, June 20, 2008

Merganser




Rafts at Creek's End...so I angled past...over the Diversion Channel...and when I got to the Merced bank...Merganser was right there!...wouldn't have gotten pics or clip but for the 12x being around my neck...usually it's tucked away safe in the shoulder bag...I'd been trying to take pic of Flicker...and just had left it out until I could find a place to sit and put my sandals on...which I did after this pic and clip...closest I've been!...to Merganser...one of my favorite critters!....waded across Creek's End....and over to Butterfly Flat...the mud shore by Chapel Bridge!...and got a close up clip of California Sister...wished for yesterday!....and an okay one of a Skipper...paddled over to the Lily pad Pond...and Six almost grown up ducklings were there....paddling about!...very neat...didn't see their Mom...while there heard report of more Ducklings 'by the Bridge'...think they meant Swinging Bridge...as I'd been sitting by Chapel Bridge and didn't see any Ducks...went back though to check...not enough time to go to Swinging Bridge...went back of the Deer House to wade across the Creek at the Cedars...and there was another raft there!...hmmph...anyway...it was a nice walk...and got good clips of the Butterflies and Ducklings...sunnywarmblue..with a few clouds out beyond Half Dome...bet Tuolumne had thunder showers...the Ducklings could be 'Six'...and maybe the reported ones 'Seven'!...Oh...tomorrow is the Solsitice...once I went up to Glacier with a friend...most times just out to Cook's...but tomorrow I think I'll go out to Two Top Pine Meadow...I'm getting an enlargement of the Deer with the Trunk of Two Top...I really really like that pic...

No comments: