Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Woodpecker Home










Went out to the Bluff...and I heard what sounded like a baby bird up the Creek aways near the Twin Fallen Cedars...picked up...the Butterflies wouldn't alight!...and went to find the sound maker....Downy Woodpeckers were about again...same trees as before...and beepbeepbeep...sounded like it was across the Creek...but then when I got to the Twin Trees...I sorta echo located it to an old tree...and caught a glimpse of this Downy...had to take my socks and boots off..wade out into the Merced...(check that...the Creek!...for goodnes sake...nice that google blog lets you go back and edit...not a feature of groups!)...wanted to get around for a straight on pic..instead of this profile...but would have been up to my waist!...lucky as it was as Downy took notice of me and I couldn't get any closer...Downy's Dwelling might be the best in the Valley...as the tree leans over the Creek...the Creek...Wee Bridge...the Falls...the Blue Sky......are all reflected in Downy's eye...sunny and blue and warmer today...very pretty..wind tossing the Falls....

No comments: