Saturday, June 21, 2008

Merganserlings




Well...I woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache....so thought to sleep in...missed the Solstice Sunrise....but when I did wake up I felt okay...and after breakfast went over to the Post Office on the Bus....had everything with so walked back through Cook's...took pic of the clouds over Half Dome...they would gather over the Valley during the day and eventually rained a little!....went out to Creek's End...and waded across...on a determined way to Two Top Pine Meadow...I felt a bit remiss...not going there before sunrise!....and I wanted to see if Seven or Six were there...when I got there tourists were about Two Top...and I had to wait...and wait...time to work was pressing....but finally I paddled out there....the pond levels are falling...saw some Bear tracks....and then caught a glimpse of Merganser!....thought I was seeing things doing the clip...there's Nine little Mergansers!...very cool...

No comments: