Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bird Nest


Well, I slept like a stone up until almost noon!...mountain air....a little time to go down to the Creek...there's an old fig tree in the Backyard...and I'm kicking myself for not just sitting under it for a few hours...as every kinda bird has been to it to snack on the little round figs...I think they're figs!...and now they're nearly gone....nearby I found this nest in a Maple...didn't think anyone was home..but on close inspection I think I can see the top of some bird and it's bill..I'm guessing Woodpecker...tomorrow I'll go check...Downy is still peeping away at the Creek...at the Bluff I saw the Merganser paddling right next to one of the rafts with a family in it and trying to come up the Creek...they turned about...and Merganser followed...I ran out to the Diversion Channel...and almost got wonderful pic of Merganser standing on Owl Log...but missed a photo all together...at the start got a nice butterfly pick....sunny and blue and a little windy.

No comments: