Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fern Bobcat




I got some really neat pics and clips today...and missed some too!...first clip was a caterpillar crawling up the curb out front...I panned up when the Shuttle came by...panned back...the caterpillar keeps going and and disappears over the curb!...being me I picked it up and took it out to the backyard and found a place to set it down...out of traffic!...out in the Creek...and I mean in the Creek..I wore the sandals and my lightweight hiking pants that dry quick..I waded up and down looking for critters...Tanager...Warbler...Young Robin...Bandtails...but Downy wasn't home...which is what I was hoping for....earlier on the walk to the Post Office Bobcat popped up in the Ferns of the Oak Grove...between the scenes Bobcat crossed the path right in front of another photog...who must have gotten good pics...and was grateful I shouted at him...Heads Up!...and pointed...he was within five feet...and hadn't seen Bobcat!....I thought to forgo an evening walkabout...to watch the Lakers and Celtics...well...that was over before the Half!...so I gathered things together and went out to Two Top Pine Meadow....and I got like eight minutes of clips of three Deer...Two Does and I'm thinking a Yearling...and the clips are really really cool...and I'll have to figure out how to post them up...haven't done one that long...the caterpillar too!...the Canon folk were in the Park...last night with a show over at Last Chance...speaker had a weird way of putting subject in the very corner of the frame...and I didn't think much of it...but I took a clip of a Grey Squirrel on the bike path where the Squirrel runs forward and backward...and I didn't try to follow...and doggone if it didn't go all the way to the upper corner..sit up...then come running back...oh...I'll have to post that one too!...the Frogs out in Cook's are quiet now...but they're there!...I've figured out how to find them...take a flash pic...then review it looking for glowing little eyes reflecting the flash!...they were there but too far out...the Deer kept me out after sunset...and I took some time exposures..one with Cow Parsnip flowers with Falls in background...an impossible almost pic to take in daylight...and then right at the Hutchings swath to the Falls...I took a Moonbow pic of Upper Falls...gotta post these up too!...I like how they look like old tinted postcards.....sunnybluewarm...some golden light in the morning from a control burn....the cool water in the Creek was really refreshing.

No comments: