Friday, June 27, 2008

Owl Back In Owl Woods




It's really hard to see much in this mpeg clip...and the pic isn't much better!...after telling a photog friend riding back from a Canon walk on the bus...all about the Canon walk!...I said..."I gotta go down to the Creek and...do what I do..."....I get a little overwhelmed walking about with a lot of other photogs!...even if Canon did lend me a D$4o with a 7o to 3oo mm to take pics with....which they must have anticipated would be wonderful insomuch as they request all rights to them!....one I took of Flicker in the Apple Tree next to the Woodpecker Tree may indeed be a keeper!...wont know until they email them back somehow...I actually got another Flicker pic..one was high up in the Artist Grove inside a dead tree looking out its hole!....can go back for that one....I pointed out the flower pattern in the sawn log...and the guides...who are all very bright!...figured it was where the tree had branches...that could be...got kindof a neat pic of Tanager right against Ponderosa Bark on a small branch...that one cropped might be good too!...and at Butterfly Flat took a bunch of a California Sister...and tried to get the Woodpeckers in flight at the Woodpecker tree...the lens got a boost from the card somehow...and I was out like 450 mm...and I must admit I would have liked to have had that camera along when I found Owl...which I found behind the Tiki Temples by hearing the ruckus of the Blue Jays....but the 12x does fine!...been awhile since I've gone from tree to tree to tree!....and in daylight no less!...just wish Owl had looked down between the forked limbs...all I've got is a couple odd pics of one big owl eye and a lot of feathers!...animal planet has a show on PurrrfectPredators...which is good!!..and doggone if the Canon guide didn't see Bobcat yesterday...eating a squirrel right in front of the booth!...and then going over to a Ground Squirrels burrow mound and cornering a piping Ground Squirrel...hmmph!...sunnywarmandstillsmokey.

"Do what I do"..??....well....fly about I'd say...from tree to tree to tree...but with hardly the grace of Hawk and Owl!

No comments: