Saturday, June 28, 2008

Two Top Pine Deer








Well...I put together the Two Top Pine Deer clips...and tried to upload them...but it's too long I guess....I'll try again here...it's a really neat clip....


right now it's four am and the smoke in the air is keeping me awake!...after weeks of coughing with the cold and bronchitis...now this!...went to the store for laundry soap and hopped off the bus at Lower Falls...went to the Creek behind the Deer House...which has accumulated all the picnic benches I think from one of the campgrounds!....put the sandals on and waded about...think I got a pic and clip of an Oriole...a female....was going to put it up..but got so involved with the Deer!...a "small blond bear" was out in Cook's the evening before...contentedly feeding amongst the Parsnips and Milkweed...would have like to have been there...but was at work....

Yesterday, Edie told me an interesting thing about Two Top Pine...a bit of John Muir legend and lore...Two Top is called the John Muir Tree...and is said to be the one he climbed in the famous wind storm story!...that's really cool...and if I can ever get this clip up....it will be a background thought that will really give it poignancy!....there's no way to prove it is really the tree...but I have a strong suspicion it is....as from this location one can see all Four Things...Cathedrals...Falls....Half Dome...and Sentinel...Muir being Muir would have clambered up it for the view!....in the clip I background the Deer with all Four...you know..thing to do here is take clips and pics of family and friends with one of the icons in the background!

If I can ever get myself together...I'll get a hold of Front Page and build the web page of my own I've always wanted...with that I think I can put up clips however long I want...and at good resolution too...

A book I ordered through amazon has arrived...The Natural History of Vacant Lots....will do a review...it's part of my mulling over the difference in finding critters higher up and hereabouts....and everywhere really....ah...best I not go into it this time of morning!..

will surf about awhile...then out to Two Top to get those morning pics and clips I missed at Solstice time!

Pic is the alpine glow on Clouds Rest...comes towards the end of the Deer clip....

Well....I figured out the blogger accepts 100 M....about ten minutes...the Deer clip is 170 M!.....I can only think to put it up in sections..part one...part two...from three to eight of them!...sometime!

No comments: