Saturday, June 14, 2008

1234567









Went out to Two Top Pine Meadow...see if Seven were about...and found them right off...sat for awhile by the slough on the Rock Pile...checked for snakes!...Rattler report up by Illouette Falls...then went over and sat awhile at Whiteheaded Woopeckers' Home...think they were in there...but didn't show...sitting there I noticed a nice composition pic of the Falls...which were windblown today...then I crossed Chapel Bridge and right on the shoreline were Butterflies trying to find...if I have this right from my reading...calcium...or minerals of some sort in the mud....about five different kinds were there...and got clips and pics that I have to sort through....the Family that showed me where the Bear was showed up....and I showed them the Butterflies...they all had cameras....expensive DSLRs...but they looked to know how to use them...even the youngsters....that's good to see...most photogs I see are old folks...seldom...if ever!..young people out taking pics...picked up from the Butterflies and went over to the Air Test Hut...check the nest...and for goodness sake!...they're looks to be three grown up 'baby' Black Phoebies....how could I miss them!...I've often looked at this nest...which looks to made by mud daubers...continued out to Lodgpole Point.... and Merganser was out on Owl Log again!...that's it...tomorrow shorts and sandals...plan on doing some wading....sunnybluewarm...and a breeze!....got clips and pics of another little Butterfly in the rush to get back before work...like saw maybe four new ones I haven't seen before.....Oh!...I didn't see Six...studied the whole area too....and the pond and slough might last another week...the Creek has quiet water...maybe they'll all move up there...that would be cool!

No comments: