Thursday, June 26, 2008

Piping Sandpiper






Went out to Two Top Pine Meadow...to look for Ducklings!...found a Sandpiper and Butterflies....on the way back found the Ducklings!...Four Merganserlings...and they were right at Ozone Beach...in fact I set up right where I lost the Teleconverter trying to get that Merganser clip!...didn't post all the clip...starts out they are all in a little grassy inlet...Merganser isn't perturbed at all by all the Rafts....got a bit perturbed at me when I got ahead of them and startled her walking above on the bank...quack...quack quack quack...and she paddled out into the Merced with Four behind...so there are Two Merganser families...have to keep a look out for Nine...Butterfly looks to be a Buckeye...first time I've seen this one....got some bug pics too...and flowers...Mergansers are at the end of the Sandpiper clip...sunnywarm..a little breezey..and smokey...oh...just noticed...that's Two Top Pine just to the left of the Falls!...foreground is dark because I had to expose...how to put it...for the Sky's brightness...this is done by holding the shutter half way down while pointed at the area one wants to expose for...only way I could get the Falls without 'blocking' out....focus works this way too...makes for some interesting pics...kinda like this one...

No comments: