Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blue Grouse









Went up to Tuolumne and May Lake for my weekend....lots of pics and clips...my favorites the Blue Grouse...and another Marmot clip....post that one up maybe tomorrow...saw some new birds...have to go to the book for their names...oh...when I was doing the Marmot clips I heard a Bandtail Pidgeon way up in the tree tops...didn't expect they'd be so high up!....sunny and warm but the sky all hazy from the smoke from the fires in the Central Valley...too many things to write up...and show pics and clips!....felt good to put the Backpack on again...and things went okay...legs and wind I mean!...so on my weekends now for the summer I'll be out and about in Tuolumne....report of Bald Eagle on Mammoth Mountain...a somber note was a road killed Deer right beside the beginning of the trail that goes up the Old Tioga road...saw lots of Deer...even one resting under the Perfect Dogwood by the Cabin when I came back....being patient with all the tourists taking pics!...think one can hear the mosquitoes in the Blue Grouse clip...I was under attack!...and the poor Grouse too!

No comments: