Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hairy Woodpecker







Clip and pic is from last year at this time...I took a lot of clips before I knew how to post clips!...so...if one from the same season from last year looks interesting, I'll post it up...plus it gives me material for days I dont see much...like today!...went out to the Bluff....three Tiger Swallow Tails...oh...in the Backyard was a Grosbeak pair...but only got very blurry pic...crossed over Creek on the Twin Fallen Cedars...at the Deer House were the Artists...I used to do that...sit in a folding chair with my watercolors on my lap...doing another Half Dome...it's all right...but I'd rather roam about with the 12x...plenty of time to sit after sundown...went out to Coot's Pond...since Coot seems to be gone...call it Polliwog Pond!...still no legs...then went over to Flicker Grove...which is very pretty now with the Bracken Ferns...then looped back to the Cabin...sigh...just didnt' see much!....I dug up what looks to be a Hairy Woodpecker...I added another pic to yesterdays Downy post...so one can compare...sunny warm some clouds...pleasant...sometimes days like these hereabouts string out for a long time...lots of Daydreams about Monday..as I think the Hiker's Bus will be going up to Tuolumne....

No comments: