Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Downy Woodpecker







Had an hour or so before work after breakfast...and went to the Bluff...maybe see a Butterfly....but it was kinda cool and breezy and cloud shadowy...after awhile it warmed up and a pale and a bright, Swallowtail came along...but didn't alight....picked up and walked up the Creek aways...found a Columbine...then three of these little Downy Woodpeckers were playing in the Alder Trees...and I tried and tried to get a pic and clip...all handheld...afraid if I took time to set up they'd be gone!...an often dilemma!...finally I got the lighting closer with Manual...and got a little clip...so a clip and pic!...I have one of these from last Spring...I think it's the same Woodpecker...havtacheck...got a pic yesterday...blurry still from clip...of a female Blackheaded Grosbeak...when I started out this Noah Project...to get one pic of each species hereabouts...I forgot I'd need two!...as males and females often look very different!...this may seem obvious...but it adds a complication to the pic and clip taking!...too...I'm finding I'm not satisfied to just get any pic...blurry or otherwise...I want one of each that I can enlarge....good light...good focus...needless to say this is all gonna take awhile!...and then there's the clips!....a little portfolio book with dvd would be kinda cool for each one.

No comments: