Thursday, August 7, 2008

Floppy Ears




Went out to Two Top after breakfast...but hardly started when Doe and One Fawn showed up at Rooms for Rent...I see them so often here...I think they might have a room!...out by the bike path at Two Top a tourist was leaning right over the resting Doe in the clip...I shooed them away...and for a bit while doing the clip I thought Doe might be pregnant and in labor...wishful thinking!...would love to get clip of Doe having Fawn!....took some flower pics out in Two Top...and at Creek's End a Grey Squirrel...I think...was up in the Dogwood above the Tiki outlet...and eating a bract while beeping...clip and pic for another time maybe...sunny and warm and blue...and many comments about it being a 'perfect day'....

I'm trying to think if the Greys beep!??...and I haven't heard or seen a Golden Mantle for a long time....snacked on some of the Black Berries...have some amusing thoughts about ABCs coverage of the 'eradication of invasive plants'... all the Media were here for the fire...and they seemed to have latched on to the crew I thought was doing proscribed burn preparation...actually they were weedwacking the Black Berries...which I have been calling Bear Clover...and the ABC footage shows them right out in the backyard!.... it's an odd story...and effort...insomuch all they did was wack the tops off and leave the trimmings all over...it all dies back in the Winter anyway...even the leader of the wackers said it was a partial effort...I cant see that it did anything..cept leave a mess and more dry stuff lying about....Bears will miss the Berries...though there's still plenty around...and tasty!...

Doe reminds me of my old dog, Bunny..the ears and eyes.

No comments: