Sunday, August 31, 2008

Up on the Roof Squirrels













I got as far as the Deer House Garage...and the Up on the Roof Squirrels were about...four of them!....set up the digiscope...the Squirrels are great subjects!...they stay still!...got some good clips..and pics!...no purple fringing and in focus!....clearly the problems with these things is partly my skill level!...later I experimented at the Merced...missed Mama Merganser and
Two...but focused on where they were...snorkeling and diving around some roots....and in the bright sunlight it is tough to get a good pic....fringing lens flare...blocking out..some of the trouble seems to be light coming in the gap between the camera lens and the digiscope eyepiece...I have to make a little black out tube...or cloth cover....it would probably help too if the scope had a hood! (it has a hood...albeit kinda short...I've discovered!)....now...the woodpecker pics....the blurry one is the one I took with the scope sitting on the picnic benches..that was two days ago...but the Woodpecker seems to always be where it is when I come around!....anyway...the other long distance is today with the 12x from the Path...then the clip has a 25x and 50x....one can see in the clip the light flaring....I used my hat for a shade!...this...this is too much fun!...and very encouraging that I can get a good focus and exposure for pics!!...sunny warm blue....and curiously cooled off in the evening...but weather report says more warm weather after the little cooling off trend...tomorrow Tuolumne and Picket Pins with the scope...and hopefully Hawk too!

No comments: