Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Murphy Creek Deer


Most of the trails were full at the Permit Station....one not was Murphy Creek....so I went there and thought to stay the night at one of the Polydome Lakes...hmmph....among the ponds there there might be a lake!...but after stumbling about in the woods I settled down by one of the ponds...and this after missing them all together and having to backtrack a mile....I found a little clearing kinda hemmed in by forest...felt a little lost really!...but it was a pleasant night...and in the morning on the way out I got this pic of the Buck...I had time to go sit by the Sept. 1915 Bridge in the Meadows... and got some Picket Pin Pics and a little bird....all in all I didn't see much on the hike or in the Meadows...took some scenics...clouded up but too warm to rain...back in the Valley after Pizza in Siberia I took pics and clips of three Bucks...a Doe...and the Doe with two of the Three Fawns...all this in Stoneman Meadows...then...walking back over Stoneman Bridge I caught a glimpse of a Merganser....I got some great pics and clips of this one...and maybe as many as thirteen more!!!....in one clip one Merganser catches a Crawdad...and then is chased by one of its siblings...very cool clips and pics...there were three families....walked all the way back to the Cabin via Creek's End...at the Chapel Bridge got clip of three ducklings with mama negotiating the rocks and current under Chapel Bridge....another cool clip....
Power was out...but on again tonight!

No comments: