Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mallard Preening


Oh...I lost the clip that goes with this pic...and it was kinda neat...and kinda neat the way I took it...I'd gone down to the Creek with the digiscope...and set up in the shade on damp gravel at Duck Harbor...I was sitting and I aimed the scope at places I thought a critter might come along...and fiddled with it a lot trying to get it to focus....it's wobbly on the tripod...tomorrow I'll try the tripod it came with!...anyway...after a long wait...this Mallard ...which was downstream... finally paddled towards me...and slow enough I could get it in view with the scope...I have some wobbly video!...I'm sitting with my legs out and the digiscope beside me on the legs splayed out tripod...and the Mallard kept coming right towards me....so I left off with the digiscope and used the 12x...right past me the Mallard went...and I lifted up the whole digiscope and set it up my other side...and then Mallard came back.... and right in front of me...maybe three feet...starts preening...I went back to the 12x!....but was blocked by grasses of getting good shots...and I couldn't raise up!....one of my legs stretched out was trapped under the tripod!...what to do??...and then I remembered the foldout pivot view screen on the 12x....and I raised it up above my head and got a really neat...and very close up...clip...which I've lost tonight in the computer transfer!....heck...I did get this pic....
I'll try this all tomorrow....maybe Ms. Mallard will oblige again!
Sunny warm blue with a very light breeze.

No comments: