Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Unicorn Hawk































Well...I was taken out of my usual revere....or dozing...by calls on the Hikers Bus of "Coyote!...Eagles!...Redtail!"...and back in the Valley..."Three Fawns!"...but the Fawn clips and pics are for sometime...

I dont know if they are Eagles...Bald Eagles...but J. at Crane Flat said there's a nesting pair in Foresta...and these were in the air above there...I studied hard those older pics of Mariposa Buzzards and the Buzzard pics above the Valley...these look different!...the white spots look like the big bird I saw at the East Entry gate in Tuolumne last summer...I dont know...hard to get pics through the moving windows of the Hikers Bus!...but I have to wonder about the white on the one's head...and the touch of white on the others tail....the Coyote was beside the road when we first started out...by El Cap....and the Redtail Hawk was beside the road at the Meadows....these are all roadside pics and clips!....the Chicaree was by Olmsted Point...and the Butterfly across from the Meadow Visitor Center....seeing Hawk when we arrived of course put me into conniptions!....I walked about out to Sept 15 Bridge...scanning with the Binocs...and saw Hawk in the tree line by the road...went back...and thought to go all the way to Pothole Dome...but stayed near the Center...walking back to Parsons I saw Hawk once more...and got the little clip...and that was it!....Hawk never went soaring into the magnificent blue sky!....got a couple Picket Pin pics...and some scenics...very nice afternoon!

Back at Siberia we went past Doe and Three Fawns....nice to see them all together!...hopped off and got some clips and pics...too early for dinner...so went to the Post Office...then not sure what to do...hungry and sleepy!...but I didnt want to be inside during the evening...so paddled out to LodgePole Point and found a soft spot on the river bank to try and rest....looked at birds with the Binocs...Phoebes...and a yellow bird..whose name I know..but cant recall!...nice to be out of the sun under the Aspen tree shade...over ninety in the Valley...after a long while I heard Hawk back over the Creek...picked up and went to Creek's End...quiet except for a Sandpiper...then went down to the View Spot by the Merced...this where one can look back and see Cloud's Rest with Half Dome and North Dome on either side...where I have that one Merganser Clip!...and Mama and Two showed up again!..going the other way...so I have a companion clip!...stayed out till the light left Half Dome....got a Pizza and visited friends at Last Chance....then back to the Cabin....

sunny gorgeously blue and a bit windy in Tuolumne...I broiled taking the Fawn clips back in the Valley...but it cooled off in the evening...long day...I'm whooped.

No comments: