Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Three Fawns




It's not a very good pic!...a still from the clip...but it's the best I've gotten of all Three Fawns with Mama Doe....hope to get one before they lose their spots!

Went down to the Riprap...in the heat...it's hot...and sat awhile until picnickers came by.... so crossed over to above Duck Harbor...got a clip of Mama Mallard with Three...doing bottoms ups!....and a little bird showed up and I think it made the call I keep hearing...a kinda nasal hannk hannk hannk....and when I hear it it's really loud...so kinda hard to believe the call comes from this little bird!....was taking clip to record the call...but the bird fell quiet...and then I heard Hawk...so was off...but no luck...sat awhile at Owl Log...and the Picnic Benches...and a log on the Falls side of the Bridge...in the Delta...took note of some larger little Oaks...maybe they'll make it...have to check now and then...over the next ten years or so!!...it's fine weather...blue and sunny...but the heat just takes it out of me!...and I find shady places to sit.

No comments: