Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bird Call And Grey Squirrel

http://youtu.be/NHhhJF2EM3M

At First Light, paddled out to Two Top Pine Meadow as far as the Broken Cottonwood...yi's made a Use Path in the Snow, and Plow cleared the Path, so, made the Outside Loop counterclockwise too....quiet....looked for Tracks, but no luck...Bird call at the Chapel...I've heard this call before, and may have id, but cant recall!...and Grey Squirrel was running about the Tiki Palace--see clips...sunny blue some clouds...there was a spectacular Sunset on the Wall by Sentinel...Tourists I passed on the way to Last Chance for Dinner were stopped in their tracks, and bumping into me while looking backwards!...feel remiss that I didn't go for a Last Light walk...studied visit destinations--there is a Canoeing Route at the Klamath Refuge...not sure to go...Snow hereabout made me realize the rollaround Roads at the Refuges might be Snow covered and closed...checked web cam at Lava Tubes...looks okay thereabout...so, so...I diverted from the whole indecision, and played wow most of the day!!!...tomorrowmorrow...friend asked where to go for Bird Call recordings on the web, and I said, 'google cornell birds'....I'm trying to think how to go about this when one only has a call recorded without a sighting!...ask a Birder of course-I'm often asked, and make the asker discomforted by asking them to make the sound, like Flicker's mating call!

No comments: