Friday, November 23, 2007

Blustery Morning


I retrieved a package delivery early this morning, and then went back to sleep...and almost missed the walkabout...but managed to get out for about forty five minutes...and take clips and pics of the wind...the wind here brings the forest alive...Muir writes a great piece on it...I've yet to see it get that windy..today maybe the windiest I've seen..not nearly as strong as the wind in Southern California..the Santa Anas...siroccos in Europe....there they come from Africa...but today's wind was of that sort...the air dry and electric...and almost Tshirt weather...I came upon two does and a fawn resting in Owl Woods and got clip and this pic...I should maybe have moved in closer...but I didn't want to disturb them. The wind clips at Creek's End...are windy!! Didn't want to leave to go to work...it's a real temptation to "stay out" as Muir might put it...the job makes it all possible...the job is impossible!

No comments: