Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sentinel Charcoal Drawing







Well, I took the drawing board along on the evening walkabout...there were two walkabouts today...earlier I went to the Post Office...on the way saw the Raven perched on the same sign I saw Raven on yesterday...yesterday's clip was out of focus and I deleted it...but today, with the same opportunity!..I got a better clip...in the evening I sat at Creek's End and did the drawing...idea is a critter will come by and I'll get a pic...but all was quiet...I finished up and sat awhile on Owl Log and with the sun just half way down..up?...Half Dome, I heard the first screech...I picked up...tripod over my shoulder and drawing board and pad under my opposite arm...why not make things more difficult??...and up the diversion channel I got a glimpse of Owl flying off towards Three Brothers..too far...walked back to pick up the drawing board...which was jettisoned!!...and two Does came running into the channel at full speed...and right at me...I dont know what spooks them...but the first stopped in her tracks right by me...and then the second...did I make them feel safer??...I dont know...she was within six feet...and showed no inclination to run off...I thought to take pics...but...screech...Owl was now at Creek's End...but when I got there...screeech...Owl was over towards Swinging Bridge....back I went...screech...Owl was over by the Deer House...I got to the Creek...dropped the board...and found Owl in a Ponderosa...just a silhouette...and noisy woodpeckers making the alarm....and I heard screech..somewhere further out...not from the Owl I was seeing.....I...I suspect there may have been as many as four of them!!....for certain two.






Owls on both my evening off, that's cool. Hawk just showed its tail out in Cooks around noon. Blue and sunny, but getting colder.

No comments: