Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving Hawk Visit



What an odd morning!!...on the way to breakfast the Cooper's Hawk landed in a tree in the Front! Yard...and posed....not since the Creek Hawk has this happened...and stayed posed in spite of friends and tourists walking by and talking...so got some good pics...but clips were handheld...Hawk flew off to a Ponderosa...high up on a branch...the more usual pose!!...after breakfast and without much time...slept in again!...I retrieved the tripod and went off into Owl Woods in pursuit...as I could hear Hawk calling..but just as I started I saw a group of Ravens in a tree making a ruckous...and...I really missed here...when I viewed this clip tonight I see the wagging tail of maybe Bobcat, or Raccoon, or Ring Tail Cat, or ??? in the tree...I dont know..as I passed on moving in closer!!... the Ravens were doing the alarm thing...how could I be so dumb?...Hawk was calling and I did find Hawk high in a tree...but another friend popped up...so I tried to call them over to see., and looked down to put the lens on...and when I looked back there were two Hawks flying near one another..then off separate ways!!...so I missed that too!...at the end of the walkabout Coyote showed up...and got a clip and pic...of Coyote stretching and just laying down to take a rest...when they hold still it's easy!

Overcast, not quite so cold as yesterday...and almost quiet...maybe the fewest tourists about in a long long time...at least with all roads open!

No comments: