Monday, May 11, 2009

Bluebird Post





























Oh...I had everything ready to upload...but before, updated to the new web browser...and it wouldn't work..kept just getting the little 'beep' on everymouse click everywhere on the browser page...went into the delete programs menu...and saw an allow programs menu...and scrolled down to the browser...allowed it...and now it works...this all on the desktop...gonna keep the old one on the lap top!!...broke one of my coin save jars and been picking out the coins from the glass...did that while doing the video upload...oh!...that's another irritation!...I cannot find a program that opens and plays smoothly the hd video...these are .mov files....I can render them into avi in Premier...see clip above......mov to avi to mpeg...and I cant review pics and clips together...I'm having to open the clips one at a time...instead of the slide show with clips...hmmmph...pennies in broken glass...paddled over to check on Owl...but no luck...all Three off somewhere...was trying to take clips of Bluebird right at the foot of Chapel Bridge...ran out of batteries once...and twice had clip of the same Bluebird pose on branch...the one with the Cottonwood leaves...interrupted...second time I uttered my fiercest expletive...'geeez loueeezzz!!"...a clip for sometime!....never could finish the zoom in...met another photog with a red ring lens while looking for Owl...and they too said they had pics of Bear to email...this a reciprocal for my telling them where to take Acorn Woodpecker pics...(Woodpecker Tree, of course!)....on the way back over the Bridge, I saw a Bluebird fly into the Post Hole....one of the railing posts...I knew of this woodpecker hole from my hiking friend, who has a pic of Woodpecker at the Post...(and too, pics of Little Blond Bear from other day I must acquire!)...anyway...I set the 20x to macro..and poked the lens in the hole...and Bluebird flew out the other hole!...there's two..one on each side...Bluebird was very annoyed, and went to a nearby branch and perched..waiting for me to leave..I obliged, but not before setting the camera to video...from a distance, I watched..took some pics with the new camera...and finally she flew back in the Post...clip!!!!....I got another one on the other side..a better one as it shows the Bridge..and zooms in...but I'm worn out working with those .mov clips!!....this was the midday walk...I went to the Post Office and back...picked up another bracket that came..a kinda rail affair...and it...well...it just wont work with the new scope...good thing I've got things to work with the Barska bracket...back at the Cabin I had lunch..and a much needed nap...I woke up with the light fading, and paddled out to see..and listen for Owl...no luck...but a nice walk in Chapel Meadow..Deer clip..and Violet Green attempted clip!...they were darting in the twilight with Half Dome as backdrop....went to Last Chance for dinner...oh..on way back had nice talkabout with friend about Bear sighting at Day Use...and of the fate of the Little Blond Bear's mom...anyway..sigh..there was still light after dinner and I went down to Creek's End to listen..and the Bats were darting about...very neat..as this first time for their pics...albeit blurry in the dark!....the high water is moving things around..the Twin Fallen Cedars have separated...one was atop the other before...and Owl Log...see Bat pic...is pushed up against the Alders...hopefully another sitable log will float up on the Shingle...they keep running the same films at the Ranger evening shows...but the talkabouts before are cool...reports of Critters...someone saw a snake swimmng...'scary but cool'....

No comments: