Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mergansers And Owls









On the way to the Post Office, glimpsed the Mergansers sleeping on a log...this from the Creek Footbridge..the Log is one left from the Jam broken up by high water...took some long distance clips and pics...picked up mail and did some Village errands...and hurried back to check on Owl...Owl was home...and beside the Cottonwood there was a mom with their kid....I pointed up to the Tree...and mom pulled out her binocs!!!...I went to a Knoll and set up...and she came over...'where?'...Owl IS hard to see!!....so I let her look through the camera, and that helped...I just wanted one pic...and took it with out much fanfare ...trusting my first set up was okay...and I was happily surprised to see Young Owl peeking out when I reviewed the pic!!...must have happened for just a moment, as I checked with the binocs to see if the Young Owls were in view...would really like to get pic with both...would really like to set up the new scope on the Knolls..doesn't seem a good idea though...the scope being so large might startle Owl...a Merganser pair flew over Chapel Bridge as I went back...thought they might be the ones I saw earlier, but I thought to check at the Creek Footbridge..and the pair I'd seen earlier were still there snoozing!...I took some pics from the second Bridge, and the Mergansers weren't inclined to move, so I sat on the Bridge and ate my Bear Claw and drank my Orange juice...a tourist pair came along, one with a long lens camera...and I pointed out the Mergansers...and she took one pic from the Bridge...and now this is curious..as I had already taken pics from many angles...and after 'breakfast' I snuck up closer using the Trees for cover...and got the pics above...it's a commonplace for the photogs to take a pic and move on...and the more photo spots visited in as short a time as possible the better...sigh...find one place and just sit, I'd say!!....sunny blue warm....all pics and clips with the new 20x..all I had along with the tripod...clip is a hd converted to mpeg..why it's wide...reviewing the pics and clips isn't the same...as no icon pic of the clips...and the memory cant handled just letting a days shoot play...crashed the hp!!...hmmph...that's one of my favorite things to do...download the pics and clips, and just let the slide show play them...including the clips...have to study out how this could be made possible with the 20x!...after I post up...I surf about the web and often find blogs I like...so maybe start here links to a 'blog of the day'...

Blog of the Day

http://blog.easttennesseewildflowers.com/

No comments: