Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Squirrel Bridge













Shuttled over to the Post Office...picked up Poster Print of Mama Owl and one Baby peeking out....had to crop in...and it's 'noisy'....I'll have to work out a painting or pastel or something...with both Baby Owls peeking out...clips and pics all from yesterday....with just a half hour left, I paddled back to the Creek at the Swath..and sat a bit...on the walk back, a Tanager flew by my ear with a loud whoosh!..and a flash of color...got a pic when Tanager landed in a nearby Tree...but it's blurry...the Tanagers and Grosbeaks chase one another through the Trees at breakneck speeds and maneuvers!!....tomorrow I'll try to get up early and go out to the Pony Path...was awake early this morning...but one too many drowsy blinks, and I went back to sleep!...Ouzel nest's location is often requested out at Happy Isle snack stand...learned that from friend at work, who I tried to surprise with the story!..they knew all about the nest!!..but wanted to see the pics...
Web Page of the Day
I snagged this one from the Sierra Visions site...it's a web cam by Bishop that does time lapse...looking about the site one will find some good pics too of the East Side!..note May 18, day of the thunderstorm hereabout...I can do time lapse with the 3x...will have to try it...I've thought of just tying it to a Tree where critters might visit!
http://sierraimpressions.com/WebCam/QTmovies.html

Oh!...Tree in the Door's Fauna and Flora started up May 4....two years ago!!...got sidetracked with the Owls...or would have made an announcement or something...I'm putting a link to the first post behind the Cabin pic on the Mast...kinda quaint it seems now, I'd say!!
http://treeinthedoorvideo.blogspot.com/2007/05/deer-and-dogwood-in-rain.html

No comments: