Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Day Owl






















After Breakfast, I sat on the bunk and figured out how to attach the 3x to the Bracket with some rubber bands...and it looked to work..stepped outside with it all, and sighted on the Falls...and it does work!...so...problem solved, I geared up and went over to the near bank of the Merced...clip and pics of Owl...Owl was blocking view of the Baby Owls...so paddled over to the Path by the Road...clips and pics of one Baby...actually, I think thereabout I got a clip with a little bit of both...still very hard to see, and very far away..sooo...paddled around and over to the Two Ponderosas...but had to hesitate on the way..four Birders were going along the Merced with binocs...I waited and waited..finally they started back the way they came...and I went ahead...only to startle up the Bluebirds they were looking at!...my bad...but got a pic of Bluebird...kindafuzzy though...I got to the Pines...and they were ahead...and I beckoned them back...which took a bit...my pantomiming isn't too good!...but they finally all gathered under the Pines and I let them look through the scope at the Baby Owls...this was a kinda make up for a selfish moment over at the Road when one passerby guessed I wasn't looking at the Falls, and asked what I was seeing..and I only showed him a pic of Owl on the lcd 3x!....I've become a bit protective of Owl!...but then, I cant resist letting the Tourists have a looksee!...yet another dilemma...I told the four Birders to be quiet, Owl I thought was likely in the Pines overhead, as I couldn't see her at the Cottonwood...they talked anyway, and I was glad to see them go!...and was glad they didn't hear Mama Owl go Hooo hooo hoo hoo hoo hooo overhead just as they left!!...I looked up and searched and spotted her...blurry pic..and clip..for sometime!...and looked back to my camera pouch, and a young couple came around the Pine Trunk...taking a pic of a Pine Cone!...my pantomime skills were put to the test again!...they couldn't speak English!...but my arm flapping and pointing up brought them to see Owl overhead too!...the girl took a pic with her 3x...likely better than mine!...and they were delighted...and even more so when I showed them the Baby Owls through the scope!....a charming moment there under the Pines!....Owl hoo hooing helped my pantomime!...and the eyes wide expression 'ohhh!' is universal!!....they continued on towards CAD Beach...and I...I thought and thought...with Mama Owl just overhead, I thought best to pick up...all the visiting pushed the pic and clip taking to the back..and I hadn't got any of the Two Baby Owls nestled sleeping in the Bowl...I took one last look...and went ahead to Chapel Bridge....once there I looked back at the Pines...and picked out Owl's silhouette...pic and clip..very neat...'good' in fact!!...I made the Big Big Loop out to the Beaver Trees...and back along the Rocky Slope...just at Rocky Point I happened on the wonder of the granite sliver in the Cedar!!...a long afternoon!...and tomorrow up before Dawn for Dawn Chorus Day...will perch on the Deer House picnic benches until light enough to go to the Near Shore...check on Owl!...then Breakfast..then a long nap!...transit for another time....report of Bear in the afternoon by Swinging Bridge...last few days causing Bear Jams...but no luck today...lots and lots of photogs about...thought I heard raptors screech at Rocky Point...but couldn't locate...