Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cottonwood Owls







There was a wedding in progress just downstream from the Cottonwood...so I went to the Road view spot...and could see one Fledgling...wait...first I saw the Fledgling from the Path...pics and clips with the minididgi...then I went to the Road!...wanted to find the second Fledgling!...and from there I thought I saw the Two next to one another...but really too far away for the minididgi!...but I took some pics and clips..and then went back to the Path...and took some more clips...of just one Fledgling, I thought...but reviewing these clips tonight, I see I had all Three Owls in view...but with leaves and distance..very hard to see!...I waited and waited for the Wedding to end...and most everyone finally came back to the Path...except the Bride and Groom and the photog!...and they were right near the Cottonwood...I thought and thought...and paddled out to the Knolls..trying not to disturb them..and the Owls!!...and when I looked up I was delighted to see all three..Mama Owl with the Two Young Owls..perched in a row....the wedding pair and photog were going out further into the Meadow...and talking loud!...so I went over and counsled them that the Meadow was wet...and I was photographing the Owls...and offered my congratulations too!...they went a little bit further away...and I went a little bit nearer the Cottonwood....and was doing a minididgi clip...and another photog walked by...and set up out in the Meadow and was taking pics of the Chapel...then he starts calling out his congratulations!...so I showed him the Owls too...and asked again for quiet on the set!!!...the close up clip of Mama Owl is knockdown...some things one cannot 'pre visualize'!!!!...the clip of the Fledgling with the siren on the sound was taken from the Path earlier...the other photog got some good pics...and was well acquainted with the Valley, I learned...which explains his self assuredness in walking out to the photo spot in the Meadow!...I bumped up against work time again..got what clips and pics I could...one would have liked to get the one with all three 'smiling for the camera'!....did take a pan clip which is charming...pan up and zoom in to the Owls..and zoom back out and down and around past the Chapel...and the photog...and the couple embracing..and the wedding photog...and back past them again...180 up to the Falls...and zoom in...and in hd!...I dont know what to do with the clips and pics that show the general area...if Owl wants to make the Cottonwood home for a long time...like years!...best not to make too much to do about it!!...but the Magnificent Perch IS in a Magnificent setting!!...dont know but tomorrow I'll go down to the River with my paints...and just sit...an excuse to observe the Owls!!...sunny warm blue...with the breeze in the Cottonwood leaves!!!!
Blog of the Day (the moonbow craze is afoot!)

No comments: