Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bluebird


Paddled over to the Post Office, with a roundabout Bobcat Meadow....Song Bird clip....Shuttled back...hopped off at Camp 4 stop... along the Path to the Cabin, heard Pileated Pair back in the Woods, here and there, but couldn't locate...just a short glimpse in the Backyard...and to the Cabin for a snooze!....out in the late afternoon to Ozone Beach...Mixed Flock about a Small Lodgepole Pine....Chickadees, Yellow Rump Warblers, Blue Birds, Kinglets, Nuthatch, Robin....tried for pics and clips, but wind kicking up, tourists crunchcrunching on the gravel shore, or my just being clumsy, I wasn't having much luck!....Ouzel singing had brought me to where I was upstream from the Beach, but Ouzel had left too!....one Downy Woodpecker was across the Merced all the while, and before picking up, I sighted the minidigi...and Downy popped in its home!....I had the big scope with too, and set it up, and got a closer clip of Downy....and Ouzel came back...clips with both scopes!....Ouzel quieted down, and I picked up, a bit tired, and back to the Cabin...sunny bluebirdblue warm...some evening puff clouds....report of Big Wings yesterday overhead hereabout...I suspect Buzz Birds....oh...and Mallard pair over Bobcat Meadow...another in the River, but didnt cross the orange fence for pic..hmph...and in the evening Mallard going upstream, and later, downstream....I usually hear Mallard before Mallard reaches me, and next time..times...I might have the camera ready!!

No comments: