Monday, March 8, 2010

Meadow Coyote






Paddled out to Rocky Slope and around across the Road to Two Top Pine Meadow...half way across towards the Merced on the Use Path sighted Coyote...which I thought fortunate, as I was just being disconsolate thinking a whole afternoon was lost to quietness in drizzly rain...and was quite happy to follow Coyote about for the better part of an hour with the mini digiscope!...lots of clips...mostly Coyote padding about...in one Coyote walks right up to the Broken Cottonwood....and for awhile I was very close while Coyote was searching among the Fallen Branches thereabout...even had the big scope with and took a few clips with it too!...first time to take both scopes along, but I'm finding the mini works very well with the new bracket...and I can pan with it...well sorta...can't pan very well at all with the big scope...I followed Coyote pretty much from one end of the Meadow to the other, and then back...last sight Coyote was nearing Beaver Bend...and my fingers were nearing frozen....circulation came painfully back on the return to the Cabin!....cloudy drizzly even some hail and cool...and the walk was enough for one day, and I skipped a dusk walkabout!....Coyote caught two 'snacks'...messed up the first clip of catch when I was switching scopes, but the second, with the mini, well, I dont know how Coyote does it....terrific hearing I imagine!!...poor Gopher........

No comments: