Sunday, March 7, 2010

Elm Tree Blue Birds


















Paddled over to Bobcat Meadow...quiet, until on the Boardwalk past the Artist's Grove, Blue Birds were about, perching on Dry Milkweed Stems...I think they're Milkweed...anyway...tourists approaching from in front, and behind, and was kinda in a dilemma...as one Blue Bird was really close...tried to set up, but Blue Birds all moved off further into the Meadow...picked up and followed, trying to watch and get a good sun angle...effort took me all the way to the Elm....and I just hung out there for the remainder of the time, and got some pics and clips of Blue Birds!...very cool....eventually the Little Flock flew off, and the Meadow quiet again...and time...back to the Cabin...sunny bluebirdblue with puff clouds and breezy, warm...at Lunch it was quiet until nearing time, and I heard Coyotes yowling from somewhere across the Merced...trotted over to the River, and sighted one Coyote farfar away in Chapel Meadow near Swinging Bridge....could have gotten closer by going to the River's edge, but then the bank blocked my sight....so stood on the little bluffs...and very surprised when I reviewed the pics on the computer screen to see that I have in the pics both Coyotes...a pair flirting I surmise!!...veryvery cool...the trot back to work put me past time..five minutes!

No comments: