Sunday, December 23, 2012

Blacktail Deer and Owl

 http://youtu.be/X2P5C26R-2M













I have clips, some posted, of Does hereabout in the Valley gamboling this time of Season, and was charmed to see this on return from Tule Lake...a little further along the Road that evening, I sighted Owl...see clip...and Second Owl too on another Power Pole...when I first arrived at Tule Lake, a bit later than I wanted, slept in, I sighted Otters right at the beginning of the Rollabout Road...Otters submerged and didn't show, and I thought to just camp the spot a long while!...but moved on, and sighted Eagle on, I think, the very same Perch Pole that I first sighted Two Eagles on first visit...Refuge was quiet that Day, but very scenic after the Rain...many Ducks and Waterbirds, but all far out...Great Blue Heron, White Egret, Yellow Rump Warblers, and Hawks...all the Hawk pics of the vacation I'm saving for a post....and on return, when nearing where I saw Otters, I saw Four Otters!...very cool, and I have some more clips for sometime...I thought to spend a big chunk of vacation at Tule, based in Klamath Falls, but will try to go again when Lake has Ice...Town pic is Merrill, closest gas, and I grew up on a Street called Merrill, which was named after a navy admiral...dont know if Town is too!(no, after settler George Merrill)...hereabout is rainysnowyslushycold...so much so there's concern for Trees falling...and this bit from wiki on Admiral Merrill....
quote
Merrill returned to the Mediterranean in late 1919 with the rank of lieutenant commander, to serve on the staff of Rear Admiral Mark Lambert Bristol, the United States High Commissioner to Turkey and Commander of United States Naval Forces in the Eastern Mediterranean. In 1925 he commanded the gunboat Elcano (PG-38) on the Yangtze Patrol.
unquote

hmmph!...maybe one source of my Panay obsession!

No comments: