Monday, September 7, 2015

American

A  text only post, and about history, afield from fauna and flora, sort of...and grim, so dear readers, a caution to read on...

So, I wake up in the morning trying to remember a dream, and thinking first chore to do is go to the laundry, and I hear the big trash can being rolled out the driveway...it's not trash day...and then I hear it rolling across the front yard, and the rolling sound fades away...oh, what up.?..so I paddled out, looked up the driveway...it's gone...barefoot on the front grass I look out front...no trashcan to be seen...neighbors across the street are perched on their porch in the shade...maybe they know...my trash can looks to be stolen...but I look further between the houses, and there Hanh and her husband are busy cutting tree branches and loading them into the trash can...I go back and  get my shoes and levis on and go back and investigate...one of the backyard trees is bearing fruit, which they are picking, and the branches and leaves they put in the trash...so I tell them not to worry, I'll put Maya in her carrier, and they can get to the whole tree rather than just the few branches hanging over the fence!...Maya owns the backyard...I put Maya in the carrier, get the ladder out of the garage, and they go to work on the tree...and I set aside remembering a dream, and going to the laundry, and think to make a try at trying to repair the dog door and the outside wall around it while Maya is in the carrier...first I nailed the dog door shut, let Maya out into the porch now with both porch doors shut...she'll be okay that way until she needs to go out...and I get my hammer and small crowbar, and go to ripping away the old termite ant ridden wood...I begin to see the task ahead replacing it...and it's daunting...and after about ten minutes of sweating and beginning to see stars from faintness, I pick up, smile to Hanh, 'It's too hot...'...Hanh and her husband are getting along fine with their task... and while they are at it with Maya confined to the porch, I have to postpone going to the laundry, and too when I go I have to un-nail the dog door and secure the demolishing I was about...clean it up so nothing for Maya to chew on or swallow...I retreated to my room, sat a bit...haven't eaten yet...maybe today I begin a serious diet...and thought while they are about outside I'm stuck, and I'll make use of the time making a post...and remember the dream...nearly all of it has slipped away, but I remember a village by the sea, and one house in the village...and I was seeing them like on the cover of a book, and inside the book were abstract drawings and paintings...the book was about likelihoods and probabilities, and these were expressed by houses in the village and the abstract pictures...I remember well enough two of the pictures, and the layout of the village, and the one house, and the house's colors...I could make paintings...I could describe them too, but what I'm doing here is writing this out so I wont forget them!...and some painting for sometime...the house's colors were day glo like...enough of that...:)....

Maimonides lived in Cairo, but once he went on a walkabout to Jerusalem...noting that, I looked to find more about it...and maybe a description of the Temple Mount with the Temple gone...

quote

Even though nowadays the Temple is destroyed because of our sins, nevertheless even today everyone is required to show it respect [fear] as was practiced in the days when it stood. No one may enter it except the places that one is permitted to enter ." (Maimonides, H. Beit Ha-bechira 7.7; italics added)

Did Maimonides really pray on the Temple Mount?
By Meir Loewenberg
http://www.jewishmag.com/169mag/rambam_temple_mount/rambam_temple_mount.htm
unquote

Hanh and her husband and son are Vietnamese refugees...their relatives had rented a house down the street, and one day in the midst of the garage sale I was having on the driveway, Tom, Hanh's brother, spoke to me of two families looking for a house to rent, and if I would be interested in renting to them...I didn't know what to say, it wasn't in my mind to do, renting, but my sister had given me an invite to live with her awhile down in Fallbrook...Tom continued to tell me how the families were from the re indoctrination camps the communist North Vietnamese put the South Vietnamese in...he didn't tell me the details...I understood...South Vietnamese who allied themselves with America found themselves bound over to the North Vietnamese when America left, and the South lost the war...I shook Tom's hand, and said, 'ok, we'll give it a try...'...that was like twenty two years ago now...

In the news, Netanyahu explains Israel's stance, or at least the ruling party's stance, regarding the Syrian refugees...

quote

"Israel is not indifferent to the human tragedy of the refugees from Syria and Africa," Netanyahu said at the beginning of his Sunday Cabinet meeting, the prime minister's office said.
But "Israel is a small country, a very small country, that lacks demographic and geographic depth," he said. "Therefore, we must control our borders, against both illegal migrants and terrorism."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israel-building-syrian-border-fence-wont-accept-refugees-netanyahu-n422676

unquote

Hanh's husband speaks little English, and Hanh not much more, but I tried to explain, 'just ask me when you want to do something in Maya's back yard...I'll close her up on the porch, and that will be okay'...they smiled and nodded, and I hope they understood...when their son comes around, who speaks 'american' just fine, I'll try to get things across better...

It was likely from the first, if those we allied with in Iraq and Afghanistan were abandoned by us, they would be bound over to a victorious enemy that defeated them...and we've allied with Israel now for a long time...it's a tangle, I know, but the Syrian refugees are fleeing to us, not from us, and in that is 'all the difference'...

DavidDavid













No comments: