Saturday, April 9, 2016

America, Remember Your Sundays...

A text only post, and about history, afield from fauna and flora, sort of...and grim, so dear readers, a caution to read on...

I'll put the search strings in bold, these are the beginning of a quote, and the link(s), the ulr(s), which are highlighted too, will be the quote(s) end(s)...


Having just done two posts about my dreams, I thought to do a couple counterparts of my day to day, what I am about when I'm awake!...it's pretty much the same everyday, and difficult to relate...I study...and I find much to try to interpret!...and I thought to relate here a take away from yesterday's dreams...the dream of the aircraft carrier with two flight decks surrounding the middle control tower island....of course there is such a thing, I thought, in the future plans, and thought to google

Future Aircraft Carriers (images)

https://www.google.com/search?q=future+aircraft+carriers&biw=1012&bih=418&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiJgPiaxILMAhUQ62MKHZMkAGsQ_AUIBigB


and of course, there they are...and while browsing the images, I saw one of a catamaran aircraft carrier for drones...heck, I thought, that's my old flight of fantasy Demologos...I day dreamed of a drone catamaran aircraft carrier, with two decks, an upper and lower...one for landings, one for take offs...and, and I thought to post that old flight of fancy I had put on the web in my old Panay weblog, if I could find it...and I did!...the old weblog is still about in an archiving website...it was made with Yahoo's Geocities...it began as a class project in a web page making class at Palomar College, like 2000 or so...and it is as good example, account, as any of my day to day studies!...then, and now, I cover a lot of ground...facilitated now by the web, but I was a denizen of libraries and used and new bookstores for a long time...my studies never seem to amount to much...I'm something of bohemian neerdowell...:)....but having recalled, I'll link it here...I have the weblog on disc, I think, but find if very nice that the archiving website has kept up all our old Geocities...wish someone would archive up the old GEnie roundtables!...those posts I don't think I saved...

anyway, dear readers, if interested, dive right in...the weblog was designed to be read at any starting point...this link takes one right into it...a sadder and gloomier tale has never been told!...from the beginning of the weblog, I could see 911 coming...the log was an interpretation of the day to day events preceding and following 12/12/37 (consider here author Perry's, Captain Frank Robert's and the Panay crews' interpretation!) right up to today...I still study, but don't write it out...I was never one of the 'hunt'...and I just don't care anymore to write things down, and if the log goes the way of ephemeral web things, that's fine...all this too!...it's just too sad...my Demologos is on one of the log pages...I have a little plastic model of the Lexington to assemble...and look forward...

The Panay Project

America, Remember Your Sundays,
Remember Pearl Harbor,
Remember The Panay...

Research into the historical events surrounding the bombing of the U.S.S. Panay, December 12, 1937 on the Yangtze River near Nanking, China 
'Concerning the Panay sinking--and other Related Matters'
 
 
 
DavidDavid



 




 
 

 
 

No comments: