Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Open To Interpretation

Five poems, with notes...

Loyalty

Loyal to your birthday
Least it be stolen on my account,
I find myself seated among your
  vagabonds,
Drinking coffee from a tall transparent glass
Seeing you are not about
Hereabout, seems
Some other venue has you
And likely for the best,
Nonetheless,
Happy Birthday...

Tear

nothing true
can be said by you
yet truly I listen
to the tear your eye glistens

Puzzle

completed, a puzzle ends,
or left off, completed incomplete, just as final,
neither would I you would become,
rather new puzzle following on previous
too quickly to puzzle over nothing to puzzle now...

Two Ants

Two ants battling in amber,
Each the other's leg grasped by pincers
Within a galaxy spun
No victor has yet won.

Imagination

It was just like imagination said,
Just like,
But I hadn't read
With imagination only wed.


Heart Ache

I can just rest my head on my folded arms
And it will go away.
So I do
With futile smile
Remembering you.

DolphinWords

Notes:

There's some lines from Soft Cell's song Tainted Love that I really like, and bringing up the song on youtube brought up too a new coffee commercial with Danny Devito and George Clooney...they're drinking coffee from transparent glasses, which brought a smile, as such a glass, and the "I want in..." sentiment of the commercial, is in one of the poems...:)...actually, all of them...Tainted Love is really well made, the singers' voices melding with the lyrics just right...I'm really thankful to those who post up song lyrics, as I have so much trouble picking them out just listening...oh, from the youtube comments I find that Rihanna's song SOS is a 'song up' of Tainted Love...bomp bomp.....bomp bomp...oh!!!...song originally by Gloria Jones...'64 about!

quote

"The Love we share
Seems to go nowhere..."

Tainted Love by Soft Cell

unquote

I don't do many ' I and You ' poems...yet they are the most common and popular sort...Rod Mckuen was one master of these, and wildly popular...back awhile I studied out Stanyan Street and Other Sorrows...that link is unusual, as copyright is maintained by the copyright holders, so one can't find too many of his poems on web...some may say just as well...I read them once...they can be a bit much...

I've always wanted to do something with Harbor Blvd....it's a main local street from hereabout to the Ocean...thought is to get another thirty day bus pass, and just take along my iphone, and write out things on the iphone note pad, using the 'I and You', what to call it, idea...

Noting down my dreams with the iphone note pad brought out some neat word play...I'm not a master of such, but where else would I have come up with 'green German submarines', or 'a frozen moon between two stars'???...feel remiss I'm not continuing to note the dreams, unless really striking...like the PCT (Pacific Coast Trail) through hiker wearing a 'tall tapering polka dot top hat'...

oh, and Two Ants was to tie into Keat's Ode to a Grecian Urn, but his word usage is so ornate, that I couldn't make a fit...Ants has a similar sentiment...if I ever figure it out a linkage, I'll re work it...the Romantic poets like Keats were the first to be brought up short by just how old and vast the universe is, dubious thanks to the 19th century scientists...big as it is, I always think of Town as a 'little town'...that Greek shore seaside village I daydream of...

:)

DavidDavid




No comments: