Thursday, April 21, 2016

Souvenir

a poem...with note...

Souvenir



“I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here…”
99 Red Balloons
Goldfinger
Translated from
99 Luftballons by Nena

Souvenir


Oh, from a Christian virtue channel that was engaging awhile,
An old time movie with sad goodbyes,
We surf about and watch our Governor
In an earlier, twice over incarnation,
Slowly lowered into molten metal
With a thumbs up hasta la vista.
Who’s to say who will compound (or confound) Armageddon
When we see a bogeyman in every bush?
And then there’s our Prince,
Who missed with 1999…
So many have trampled
And made Jericho tremble.
Star Men’s (and Women’s) sons (and daughters)
Astride their cats
Will sift the ruins for their memories.

DolphinWords
DavidDavid
Yosemite
 
 
Note: hmmph...well, I'd just broken away from reading wiki's take on Chinese Dragon's, and self congratulating myself on how spot on my old scratch board dragon fish is...apparently all the odd features of Chinese Dragons represent other animals...the Dragons are chimeras...cool...and I left off, and googled up facebook, and the sad news of Prince...I feel the loss of celebrities like everyone, but I'm not one to sorrow out loud...post to facebook and such, about it...but nonetheless, my old poem Souvenir came to mind, as it has mention of Prince in it...mostly my poems, and my writing in general, is what I call 'out of time out of place'...I just don't feel comfortable including contemporary references in my poems, or even musings...I could...I could go on and on about the day to day...but it gets to be too much...but even still, I took a leap at writing such in Tree in the Door, the blog that preceded, then coincided with Tree in the Door Fauna and Flora....Fauna and Flora continued, though since back in Town, Fauna and Flora has looped back into Tree in the Door, sorta...this is just me here doing some file shuffling...or something...anyway, the link is below the poem to Tree in the Door...the first post...whole blog was a treatise to the poem...
 
:(
 
DavidDavid
 

No comments: