Monday, April 25, 2016

OTI: Five Poems with Notes

Open To Interpretation

Poke

Poke 'Like'
No, I mean,
Poke me like a fool asleep
When I have my self musings,
When my selfish words chase my tales,
Remind me to pay attention
With all you know I have, humbly...
"I understand." you say,
You, I,
The moment noted
'Truly'.

Flowers and Humans

If I could speak to a rose
And flowers could listen
Would there be a trace of insincerity?
Your beauty bespeaks the rose,
Flowers...
My words hesitant, nervous,
Human.

Not Far


Under stress
My brain is frazzle slush
I'll go a very long way the wrong way
Before I re crystallize
And confront your bewildered look,
"Where were you going?"
No where ever far from you.

Strength

How strong am I?
Oh, I dunno,
Enough to wend this age
At any rate
And not become
An idiot.


The Dream Camera

I speculated there could be such
For real
And unsuspected to see such
In my dream
I reached for my pale blue camera
Resting on the concrete highway
Restraining walls
Between fleeing cars
Collided and stuck
I nearly was under rubble
I clambered through fallen things
To the roadway here
Let me show you
My dream camera's video can show
Project on a wall
All I saw that happened
A crowd fleeing from a wide entry
I thought looked ancient Egyptian...
A...
My dream memory erased,
Awakened,
But the pale blue camera,
The dream camera 
Still there
Somewhere in the rubble...

DolphinWords

Notes: Somewhere, I have the old list (I've noted this before) of all the rules I use when I write poems...and as recalled, I posted them one by one each
Sunday for a good long while to old GEnie online...those weren't my first posts to GEnie, but they were the first concerted effort of mine to what has come to be known as 'blogging'...blog being an activity, a 'verb'!...insomuch as that was back in '86-7 about, I was early on...:)...for sometime, I'll dig it out...I have it printed out on dot matrix paper!...now, everyone is on, and Poke, 'Like', an allusion easily followed!...for things to work in a poem, a common language is essential...Shakespeare's immortal sonnet goes nowhere in China if un translated...and even hereabout, a few notes help...

Keat's only lived to twenty five, and was absolutely desperate for immortality of the poetic kind...maybe that's a fourth kind!...anyway, not so desperate, one can arrive at the fourth Wednesday wait, and continue at a leisurely pace...off to Denny's for snack...iphone notepad in hand...I like the one finger typing...

:)

DavidDavid




No comments: