Saturday, April 23, 2016

OTI: Six Poems with Notes

Open To Interpretation

Weightless

Forty five minutes out
And we are almost weightless,
And really precarious...
The pursuit can catch us with their tons!

Expressive

Oh, that expressive I cannot be,
And must disappoint quietly
Looking proverbially still as the mouse,
But consider,
Hawk perched atop my house.

My Dog Maya's Poem

Bark at the moon
Bark at the sun
Bark at vagrants on the run
Bark at the sirens
Bark at rumbling war
Bark at the fireworks
Blooming in air
Boom boom boom
Bark bark bark

An Alliance

Yes!  An alliance
Dangerous as can be,
As surely they want to hang me,
And thee!

Between

What hast thou to do
Between those college classes at your school?
Lie on the green lawn in some stretching pose,
A languid yawn,
An unhurried red rose?

White Rose

White Egret over the Old Shingle Roof,
Over the Neighbors', over Town,
Flying, gliding, into the wind
And a steel sky evening.


Notes: The last one of course was to be titled White Egret, but not paying attention, I wrote out White Rose...and, that's good!...not so good is Red Rose in the previous, but that one needed some color, so 'green' and 'red', and that one was all about just using the word 'thou'...I needed a rhyme in An Alliance...and 'thee' was just like hanging there, so used it...these small poems are for fun...and using 'thee' got me thinking about the no longer used words like 'thee' and 'thou', so tried out 'thou' in Between...

Thee and thou all gone,
An entire table setting
Put away in a dark cabinet
And forgotten...

A table setting very useful for rhymed poems, I'd say!

OTI is for Open to Interpretation, the general heading for these little poems to appear in the blog under...on the cinder block wall in the backyard is a graffiti, NAR, which I have no idea of its meaning...it was likely spray painted on when my tenant's kid was growing up...I cast about the web to see if it was a gang tag...but couldn't find anything...then I cast about with my imagination, and came up with No Apparent Reason...which would be a really good gang tag!...not that dreaming up such things is a good thing!...fortunate I was several generations removed from that fad, kids spray painting walls...then again, about Town, be on the look out for OTI!!!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: