Friday, June 12, 2009

Blue Jays And Bobcat






After Breakfast, I took a pic and clip of the Blue Jays in the ImpossiblePossible Nest...Tourists were impressed...there's like five of the little ones...but I could see the pic was blurry....shuttled back and forth to the Post Office...and hopped off again to try for another pic and clip...this time using my headlamp to cast some light on the Babies...and that worked...for the clip...the headlamp put out just enough light...pics were still blurry...though I can see all five in them...pic up is still from clip...geared up back at the Cabin for an effort to find Bear...went out the Rocky Slope, and just before Upper Falls trail, glimpsed Bobcat!...left the tripod standing on the trail, in front of some bewildered tourists, who I shushed with a finger to my lips!...and I hurried ahead...way this happens is Bobcat is up the slope paralleling the trail...and if I can get ahead, I can get a face on pic....and it almost worked perfectly!...I ran ahead, angled up the slope...hardly had begun to wait...and I heard one last 'beep' from Ground Squirrel...Bobcat was behind the bushes a few feet in front of me...and proudly walked by with its catch...I tried to keep up...and got one final pic of Bobcat going up some steps on the Upper Falls trail...Blue Jays scolding in pursuit...I thought to follow..but the tripod again!...I had to go back and retrieve it...continued out past Camp 4...and over to Two Top Pine Meadow...location of last Bear report...and meandered over to the Merced...could hear Sandpipers piping....and located them...a male and female were courting, I think...clips of them chasing about on the shore beaches...for sometime...thought to maybe find the Ducklings and Merganserlings..but no luck...back at the Cabin checked the Fig Tree...Robins...and I think a Douglas Squirrel was there, but no pic...figs are almost gone...which is disappointing...last year there were lots of different birds...only have a few of them this time...very cool to see the Baby Blue Jays...will try for some more pics and clips...everyone is!...and an unexpected surprise to see Bobcat!!....sunny warm kinda overcast blue and the breeze...

No comments: