Friday, June 5, 2009

Merganser On Owl Log




Paddled over to the Post Office...shuttled back to Lower Falls...and hopped off to walk out into Bobcat Meadow...Half Dome shrouded in the rain clouds...neat pics and clip..forgot to post up!...for sometime...crossed over Chapel Bridge and out along the Merced...opposite Creek's End took some more scenics of the Falls...and surprised to notice Merganser on Owl Log..had the mini scope along and set it up...pics and clips...very difficult light...white Log blocks out...there was a good pic there with tangle of old branches and dark and light...but I couldn't figure out how to get it!...I need a 3x with a manual mode so I can do the f stop and focus...picked up, and back at the Cabin realized I'd forgotten my Camel Back...tried to run back to get it...but it was a slow..and intermittent jog!...I run sometimes to catch the Shuttle...and even occasionally break into a trot coming down a trail...that mostly just to break the tedium...but I really haven't gone out and run for a long time...I used to run all the time playing basketball and baseball...and riding my bike to0 up and down the hills from Rainbow to Temecula...the long up hikes I do...but it's like I'm using my lungs in a different fashion than when I run...I huff and puff for hours hiking...but running is more intense and shorter time wise...anywayanyway...I'll have to get some running shoes....feels good to run... made it to work on time...cloudy cool with some sprinkles towards the walkrun's end!...the Canon people are going to be back in a week or so...they set up a booth by the Visitor Center...and loan out cameras and lenses for their guided walks...recommended!!...the Museum is doing the Obata show again... it's good....but I'd hoped for something new...and not about climbers!!...dont know where the Owls are again...check Owl Woods tomorrow...

No comments: