Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Owl And Aspens




Clip and pic are from Monday....just the beginning clip of a series with Owl, (Aspen or Cottonwood) in this pose.....paddled out through Chapel Meadow today with an eye out...but no luck...'cept the pic I took of some rafters on the Shore...with their camera...for them...but it was a good pic!...anyway...the rafts are on the River again...early it seems...lots of Violet Green Swallows in the Meadow...clip of Raven being chased by Redwing Blackbirds...for sometime...some more flower pics with the 3x... Bulock's Oriole pic, I think...haven't downloaded pic from camera yet...nice walk...just didn't see much...cloudy cool (summertime cool) with a breeze...lots of work at the Deer House...and by the Perfect Dogwood hereabout...Tiki pipe stuff...and..I dont know what's up at the Deer House...tree trimming it looked like...go looksee tomorrow...before the walk I read the Santa Ana River book that came:
Santa Ana River Guide by Patrick Mitchell...well..most of it...finished it tonight while doing the upload...I want to say a lot about this book...but let me just put up this bit...the first time I walked out to Creek's End, and passed the Tiki Temples, I thought to myself, 'ironic, it's just like the Santa Ana River'....at the end of the Santa Ana River it a huge 'tiki' water management plant...right by the Ocean...right by the nests of the rare Tern....Least?....anyway, I'm always on the lookout for self similarities...and there at Creek's End is a circumstance in miniature of the Santa Ana's confluence with the Ocean...and it was that last stretch of River that gave me the idea of the Cement River Fauna and Flora project notion...that...and the kinda roughshod way the flood control project was instigated...Orange County was beset!....I often rode my bike from home to the Ocean...and joined a gym near the River, and joged that stretch at the end...there's no fauna and flora pics in the book, but the author has basically done the 'cement river' idea...and it was great fun to read about all the locations I know so well...yet know hardly at all...being most always in a car driving by them...it's an encouraging book insomuch it relates the many efforts of people trying to restore the Santa Ana's watershed....and make it a Natural attraction for everyone....and every critter!
Blog of the Day:
http://ocbirding.blogspot.com/

No comments: