Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Creek Delta Merganser




Shuttled over to the Post Office...walked back through the Oak Grove...Ground Squirrel piping..clip...I was kinda sleepy, and at the upstream Creek Footbridge (Rocking Log) I just sat down on one of the
Bridge Posts in the sunlight....Creek's always pretty...after a bit, I thought I heard Merganser quacking...their quack is a little coarser than Mallards'...but couldn't locate...until Merganser surfaced right below me...clips and pics...I followed up the Creek...finally lost Merganser in the Upper Creek Delta...I walked about a bit, then sat in the sun...sleepy!...found some long legged flying bugs mating...pics...and Caterpillars...one on my hand!...didn't know what was tickling me...little green thing...clips...for sometime..and a blog devoted just to the Bugs!..as some of the pics and clips are very cool, but I often leave them out..being 'just' Bugs!...Flickers came by..and were startled off by two tourists...thought I had a spot to myself!...the Delta is still kinda wild...and difficult to walk across with the water high...(it's gone down a lot!)....I sat here..then there...and caught a glimpse of Merganser, a good long way from the Bridge...clips and pics...I'd post up all of them..the ones with Merganser swimming are always cool...but too long to post...if not for Merganser, the Bugs would have been the 'broadpost'...sunny warm blue light breeze and a few puffy clouds...report of two Bears playing at Happy Isles...same time frame as when I was there yesterday...hmmph..I think Blue Jay is feeding her babies in the Umbrella Nest...try for pic tomorrow...

No comments: