Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fledgeling's Flight



Clip is from yesterday....pic too...one Fledgling flew off while I was doing stills with the mini digi....expecting the second to follow, I handheld the 20x while the mini digi was recording too...so have the two versions...ingenious, I know, but it's why I carry so many cameras!...and to be right, I should have had the 20x on the monopod, or even the small backpacking tripod...I may even, next time, have the old 3x behind a second scope!...that would be three cameras!...the old 3x video is very grainy...so not likely...but it's a thought to have another 3x with avi clip capablility...

Paddled out to the Creek Delta after sleeping in...took along orange juice and coffee cake...thought to look for the Brown Creepers, but glimpsed a Robin or Flicker settle on a tree, and disappear!...when I got close, found Robin sitting on nest...got pics and clips of both Mama and Papa Robin...hope to add to them with more visits...Nest is very well located for pics and clips...eggs dont look to be hatched...report (Edie's) of hatched Robin babies under the eves of the old Siberia Post Office...recently refurbished!...thought to go to Toulumne tomorrow, but the record heat today makes me curious to see how the critters hereabout fare....so will walkabout hereabout tomorrow!....sunny hot blue..a few whiffy clouds...and slight breeze...clip of Fledgling Redwing...and found the maker of a giant burrow mound, I think, and it's Ground Squirrel...or Squirrels...it's that big!...will post that up too, and maybe will have more to add...this in Flicker Grove where I've been sitting to watch the Flickers' Nest...checked again today, but no Flickers...heard them calling okay, over by the Deer House...not enough time to searchabout for all that's about!!...oh!...Mama Mallard with Two paddled by while I was sitting by the Creek munching coffee cake...it's a very pretty little clip...for sometime...when Owls aren't on stage...oh!...have that too...Ground Squirrel on the Stage in Siberia...a curious clip...for sometime...Hi Hoa!..(see newest Follower)....I like your web page...thanks for the visit!

Blog of the Day (a mustsee!!)
http://www.nps.gov/yose/photosmultimedia/ynn6-maps.htm

the Chinese contemplated maps...brb...well...what I had in mind was a magazine article about old Chinese maps, and how the emperors would contemplate them...found this when studying out the Yangtze Patrol..and the Yangtze...Creek's End, by the way, is pinpointed by wiki..brb..37°44′33″N 119°35′41″W / 37.74243°N 119.59461°W / 37.74243; -119.59461)....dont know but I might make a geo position T-shirt!!

No comments: