Friday, January 14, 2011

Merced Wildlife Refuge Morning






























































































































Chocolate croissant, danish too (a day old two for one deal), and orange juice for latelate Breakfast snack, and to work...I've gone into a kinda semi hibernation!....anyway, no pics, no walkabout...pics up are from Merced Wildlife Refuge last Tuesday morning...more of that report: After sighting Owl, paddled back to the Platform at the Entrance, and tried to take a digi clip of the Waterfowl..see clip....oh, forget clip of Coots!...lots of Coots...left off, and rolled off in Silver with the heater on high...it is colder in the Valley, but it's not damp like in the Big Valley, where I feel colder!....oh...up to this time, I saw like a dozen Redtail Hawks, most lifting off from their Roosts in the Cottonwoods, and a Nothern Harrier which perched in the Reeds, but too faraway for pic, and I'd packed the digi...I've yet to get a close pic of Harrier....nearing the first left hand turn (the Road traverses a large rectangle), sighted Hawk, Young Redshoulder, perched in Willow right beside the Road...I'm going to wear out the clutch trying to 'Indian Roll' up to Birds perched on Poles and Trees and Fences beside the Roads!....when I got to Bitten Marsh, saw another Young Redshoulder in another Willow...walked about Bitten Marsh....heard Coyotes call....further along the Road sighted Kite, and Kestrel, and Great White Egrets, and from the beginning, Small Birds and Waterfowl that I haven't found in the books yet!....more of the day to follow.....hereabout today, sunny blueblue, cool....listened to large Rockslide near Columbia Point tonight on walk back to Cabin after work...I heard another thereabout two nights ago in the early morning, but heard no reports, and that may have been Ice and Snow...Fall tonight was Rocks, I'm pretty sure!

No comments: