Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pine Siskins








Slept in, skipped Breakfast, and paddled over to Lower Falls with all the gear, and out along Rocky Slope to Camp 4...quietquiet, not a call!...Three Grey Squirrels chasing at the Camp...crossed the Road--quiet too!--and found a seat on a Fallen Oak looking out over Two Top Pine Meadow toward Sentinel....quiet awhile, then Kinglet(?) call, and Acorn Woodpecker call, Blue Jay call, and then I saw Acorn Woodpeckers nearby foraging on and under some Black Oaks, and Blue Jay Flock came along too, and I heard some tapping behind me, turned, and Whiteheaded Woodpecker Pair on a Cedar...pics....Grey Squirrel came around...a quiet walk became Disneyesque!....time...paddled back through the Burnt Forest...quiet...and nearing the Cabin, Little Birds in the Young Black Oaks beside the Path....tried to find angle and light for pic, but Flock left the Trees, and circled around...blurryblurry pics....Flock is the same Little Birds I saw Dec. 25, and posted then that I sighted Yellow Rump Warblers, but looking at the book, I see that the Little Birds are Pine Siskins!!...a new bird for me...very cool....cooler if I can get clearer pics sometime!.....sunny hazy cloudy cool, clouded over in the evening....Blue Jay pic is from the Path by the Broadleaf Maples....

No comments: