Saturday, September 3, 2011

Eagle


Rolled down the hill after work to have a looksee at the Fair...and Eagle pic won a ribbon..third place..very cool....and cool too to see the other pics entered..sunny hothot blue...passed the fire burned area on the way...it was almost like a control burn....and not much burned along the Road, fire went right up the Slopes, mostly the North Slope, and over terrain very much like that burned over three years ago further down the Canyon, which means a possibility for a Wildflower Bloom like happened thereabout in the Spring...friend came along, and after seeing the pics and painting exhibit, and chinese food, we considered what to do...well, my having been awake for nearly twenty four hours, it was time, and we rolled back up the hill, and I immediately fell asleep at the Cabin!....on my own, I would have explored the animal exhibits and such, but didn't want to impose....I had three other pics entered, but, but, now I understand the reason for the presentation rules--photo mounted on 16 x 20 standard exhibit board (which everyone seems to know how to locate)...the boards are set between two rails, kinda like how one puts a screen in a window frame--the rails have slots....and all the boards are mounted portrait, vertical, andand, my other three pics I mounted landscape, long ways, and which way they wouldn't fit in the rails...so, maybe that's why they didn't get exhibited, though another reason is limited space...Mariposa is a small town, and the Fair grounds not that big (City Fairs are what I'm familiar with), and I found the Fair charming...will prepare better for next year!!

No comments: