Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuolumne Morning








Gathered the gear, and rolled up the hill to Tuolumne...near Pothole Dome, sighted Deer Herd...I've seen Deer hereabout on several of the visits to Tuolumne, lots...counted like fourteen this time, Does and Bucks, but no Fawns, and mostly Mature Antlered Bucks...and knockdown hd clip of Deer all crossing and wading up the Tuolumne River...and will have to find time for upload to youTube...there is a backlog of clips I'd like to put on youTube, in fact, I'd like to edit many of the old ones, and upload, as the resolution is good on youTube, and length limit is like fifteen minutes now, which is plenty....anyway, continued to Mono Lake...checked the Bird Report Board at the Visitor Center, and rolled over to the County Park at Lake's North Shore for looksee...just a rollabout, in the distance on the Lake, looked to be same Birds, Seagulls and Grebes, as last weekend,  so didn't walk out the Boardwalk...should have to check for Osprey...didn't see Osprey mention on the Board...Hawk, Redtail was about..bottom pic up...Hawk, Redtail, just above, was over Dana Meadows...continued, and rolled back up Tioga to Tuolumne...hotdog, fries, and ice tea, at the Grill for snack...sat across the Road at where I like to sit, and didn't see one Bird...very quite...Raven flyover...had thought to continue back to the Valley, but walked out to Sept. 1915 Bridge, and it is veryvery quiet...sighted just a couple Songsparrows, I think, and Nutcracker Call...Blackbirds at the Store Benches....Tuolumne has been very different for me this Summer...rolling about all over the map in Silver, I haven't taken the Hiker's Bus to the Meadow, or backpacked....having a car speeds things up, but it doesn't really make for more Critter sightings, well, maybe...what I'm thinking, is that I'm not seeing the Critters in depth, so to speak, on the rollabouts...walkabouts slow down ones perception, as it should be when sighting Wildlife...butbut, the rollabouts have given me a perspective of just where I am on the map...north west south and east were a bit of a mystery, but now I have a notion of the Carrizo Plane, Great Basin National Park, Tule Lake, Point Reyes, along with a few other places!!....Silver has made for a very different year...thought was to roll up to Tuolumne on Summer Weekends, and have a longer time to day hike and backpack, which has been diverted for one reason or another--big reason, all the Snow in June and early July...butbut, usually this time of year, when the Hikers Bus no longer makes trips to the Meadow, my Tuolumne visits are over for the season (unless finding ride with friend), butbut, now, I'm not sure, but Tuolumne Hiking Season for me, may just be beginning....if Snowfall holds off, like it often does, until December, I'll have all of October and November for hikes...next weekend, errands in Merced, and I'm curious to see all the Hawks being reported--kettles of Swainson Hawks...sunny blueblue hot, thunder clouds in the afternoon...

No comments: