Thursday, September 29, 2011

Owl


At Lunch: of late, I've been having Ozone Beach to myself at Lunch, but this evening, two tourists were sitting on the Log under the Cottonwoods...'nice spot...'...'oh, yes!'.....and I heard Owl, and lots of daylight, an early evening Lunch....'do you hear Owl?'...'oh?'....and I paddled up the Diversion Channel...startled Owl, Sentinel, and a blurry flyby pic...and a few pics when Owl perched in the Black Oaks...on return, 'I don't want to intrude, but would you like to see Owl?'...'oh, yes!'...turns out tourists were from England or Austrailia, where there are 'pink and blue Blue Jays', and Woods in their Backyard, with Owls, and reported they once saw Owl. with Mouse in beak, pass the Mouse to another Owl..all this while both Owls were in flight!!...maybe Mama Owl feeding Fledgling, I thought...a fine brief talkabout about Owls, the Valley, taking pics, and such...suuny blue and cloudy, hot...report of hoo hooos in Siberia, and behind Village....considering these reports, and report of hoo hooos at Backpacker's Camp, I'm wondering how many Owls are about the Valley...maybe a before Dawn bicycle rideabout  in order...friend who heard Owls in Bobcat Meadow, Flicker Grove, too, hoo hoos at me at work...

No comments: