Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Acorn Woodpecker Home






Rode the Shuttle over to the Post Office...large size paper for the new printer hasn't come yet...walked back...checked out the Creek for fallen trees...there's a few..one small Oak now across the Creek...and reported the Cracked Oak on the Deer House Road...maintenance crew was driving by....feel better having reported it...for sometime is the collection of fallen-from-storm trees pics I have...it goes back aways!...when I got back to the Cabin, I sat a long while on the edge of the bunk...two episodes of Charmed...contemplating the Printer...which is huge....I snagged a little end table...from neighbor who snagged it from somewhere!...and the Printer looked at home on it...but it sat in the middle of the Cabin!....so I thought and thought and and gazed at the dishevelment...the floor gets cluttered so quick!...books packs clothes boots shipping tubes....the vacuum cleaner!...and of course the nightly accumulation of packaging trash...which Deer Mousy dearly loves to rummage through!...that goes out each morning...but I'm something of a packrat when it comes to periodicals, books and clothing...'Simplify!' Thoreau said, giving Buddha the toss...yeah, right...anyway...a light bulb finally went off in my head, and I thought to set the Printer on a long plastic storage box that holds my old snapshots under the bunk...and I'll store the Printer there and slide it out when in use...of course, what's on top of the box now, all my art papers, will migrate to the floor, I thought, and sighed!...but anyway!, with that solution in mind, I geared up for a late afternoon walkabout...the late sun was shining, and at Ozone Beach, Mallard was bottoms uping, and I took some pics and clips with the 12x, the light beautiful on Mallard's feathers....and set up the minididge...just as I got it ready, Mallard decided to paddle right over to my side of the Merced...and began foraging the bank...about ten feet away!!...so I left off with the digi, and tried for some more pics with the new camera...never could get things right...Mallard always too close to the snow covered bank...but it was fun!...picked up and started on the Big Loop counterclockwise...light was mostly gone...took the sunset pic at Two Top...and went across Chapel Bridge to Cook's..where there was almost still some light...the Sun plays through the Cathedrals in the late evening the way it does through the South Wall and Sentinel...at the Woodpecker Tree, I sighted the minidigi on Acorn Woodpecker busy finding those little grubs...and then noticed one was at Home in the hole near the top...pics and clip...while recoding a good friend happened by...and I had them look through the binocs...clip is a bookend to the one I posted of the White Headed Woodpecker!....picked up and went to dinner in the Village...pizza and garlic bread...Shuttled back to the Cabin...and the Printer...oh..I spent all evening installing and getting it to work!...and after doing a few favorites on some four by six art cards I have, it now resides under the bunk...and everything else is on the floor!...a remarkable accumulation!...sunny blue hazy and cool...

No comments: