Saturday, January 10, 2009

Merganser and Ouzel from Last January

I think it's a male Merganser in the clip...but not sure because of the Mallard like bill...wasn't sure last year either!...and it's the only pic and clip set I have of a male Merganser...and I've only seen one other...and that Merganser was flying furiously, as they do!....Ouzel clip is a favorite...pic of that scene is on my wall....Shuttled over to the Post Office...giant printer paper came in a giant box...so had to Shuttle back...and with a half hour left before getting ready for work, I watched football...haven't done that in a awhile!...rooting for the Chargers...and the Ravens.....sunny cool and blue....a bright full moon tonight...oh!...on thinking about the Acorn Woodpeckers, I've come to the notion that they use the acorns to cultivate the grubs...they put them in a hole, and the grubs feed on the acorn somehow...I cant imagine them actually eating an acorn...like a Bandtail!...and I've never seen that happen....have to search this out!...the results for sometime!!

No comments: