Friday, January 29, 2010

Deer House Blue Heron
























Geared up with everything, and paddled out to Bobcat Meadow....sighted Blue Heron perched in the Tall Ponderosa in front of the Deer House...first pics from behind....Heron was snoozing, so I was able to go back around from the Dirt Road to the Path and sight Heron from in front...lots of pics and clips....Hawk started to call from over by the Road and Oak Grove...picked up, and just one short glimpse of Hawk over by the Oak With The Branch That Arcs Over Half Dome....sunny hazy clouds warm....Heron has coloration like Kingfisher....friend saw Hawk too, Coop, flying low across the Road at Sentinel Bridge....

3 comments:

Mern said...

I love your blog.. It starts off my day, but lately I can not get the videos to play... What do I need to do to see them?

yosemite faith said...

great photos of this bird! love the feathers-amazing.

DavidDavid said...

Mern,

There were a couple days, several days ago, when they weren't working. I'm not sure what caused it, but I had set my google edit to the new edit tools, and thought maybe that was the problem, and so set them back to old edit tools.

Last few days they have been okay at my end.

Blogger has a page of post ups about problems and FAQs in the edit pages.

Are the videos just black squares? That's how they looked when I was having problems.

Is anyone else having same problem?

Hard for me to address a problem like this!

Thanks!

DavidDavid